Thursday, November 10, 2005

**DRAFT**

I think most of the times we take a lot of things for granted, let me explain what I mean by giving an example.

Today I got to go to a psych hospital (no they didnt lock me up there Image) with my psych professor and a few friends. The main goals of going there was to get a tour, see a few patients, see how they live, etc. I must say it was some experience.. I dont know much about psych hospitals but this one was a women only hospital and it was falling apart in certain places.. it was so depressing. Seeing people so out of reality and at the same time they are so nice, most of them just smile and greet you time and time again (and i mean that time and time again), there are some women who spent most of their lives in there, it's a rough experience or it was for me at least. We talked to an old woman, she must have been in her 70s and she'd spent 48 years in that same hospital, this woman.. god she was so nice, she had the best memory you can imagine, I hadn't seen something like that, she knew that she was okay cause she was getting her drugs and she knew the risks of not taking it but she ALSO knew the risks of all the treatments she'd been under.. doctors had explained to her in med terms and she'd memorised them all.. was amazing (to be cotinued)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home